Saturday, April 13, 2013

Frustrated!

It's been a very long time since I've written on this blog. I had every intention of doing it daily and just haven't been able to get with the program. I have just been unable to commit myself to much of anything lately. My son's death in November has changed our lives for the worst in so many different ways I couldn't even begin to explain. Things just don't seem to be getting any better and I know there are lots of people who say "it's time to get on with your life" it's a lot easier said than done. That being said I have managed to stick to my eating plan for the most part. I have had a few days where I haven't stuck to it but it hasn't stopped me from continuing. In the old days I would have used that as an excuse to give up but not now. I'm in this for the long haul. We are on a very limited budget which makes eating low-carb, white and sugar free really hard but I've actually been managing pretty good. What is really frustrating however, is that I haven't lost a single pound!  In fact I have actually gained weight.   I don't have an explanation for it either.  I've been keeping a fairly good eye on the calories to make sure I'm eating within the recommended limit.  I've been getting out more now that the weather is good and getting a more walking in.  So this all has me extremely frustrated.  I am up seven #%$ pounds!   I am not going to let this discourage me though and I plan to continue because despite the weight gain I am starting to feel a little better.  My blood sugars are much, much lower.  No they aren't perfect but they are definitely within normal range most of the time and much easier to correct with a shot of insulin.  Before I changed to this way of eating my sugars were rampant. My numbers were totally out of control, extremely high most of the time.  It would take mega doses of Insulin to bring the sugars down and then they still weren't within a normal range.   So at least that part is working.  I started this for my health and so I am accomplishing it baby steps at a time.  Obesity is also a big health risk and I really need to shed some of these pounds.  Just losing 20 or 30 pounds may reduce my need for any Insulin at all.  Wouldn't that be awesome!

Anyway, I just needed to get that off my chest.  It's late and I need some sleep.  My new granddaughter is coming for a visit tomorrow!

No comments :