Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Oklahoma Tornadoes

As I type I am watching a tv special on the recent Tornadoes to hit Oklahoma.  It's absolutely horrible and my heart is breaking.  I know exactly what it is like to survive such a horrific event and it has been embedded in mind forever!  I can still vividly recall the freight train sound that traveled over our heads as we huddled together in our basement not knowing if we would survive.  When it was all over, we were lucky despite missing a roof our home was in tact - most others on our street were not so lucky.





Even now 30 some odd years later I am afraid of thunderstorms.  I try not to show it but a little wind and some thunder and I am on edge and on alert.   Even though Tornadoes are not as commonplace here as they are in places such as Oklahoma I am forever on alert and have carried the fear my entire life.

My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to the families that are going through what looks from here, like total devastation, for those that have lost friends and family, those that have lost their homes, businesses and personal belongings.  I know this event will change their lives forever in so many ways.

There really isn't any more I can say and I certainly wish there was more I could do.

No comments :