Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Back On The Low Carb Bandwagon

I am trying desperately to get back on the Low Carb bandwagon.  Hubby and I kind of fell off somewhere around Thanksgiving and hopped back on only intermittently.   The budget has been really tight and the weather has been horrible lately.  I absolutely hate winter driving and that means shopping locally. We live in a village with one very small grocery store, prices are kind of high and there aren't a lot of choices when it comes to low carb so it's kind of tough.

Anyway, I went blog surfing to find a new meat dish to try tonight.  I was getting really bored of the same old thing.   I decided on a favorite veggie dish that I make and a recipe that arrived in my email today. It sounded like exactly what I was looking for - something full of flavor and it was! 

Here's the recipe I found at This West Coast Mommy:

Indian Style Onion And Garlic Chicken 

Just take a look!  It was Yummo!  I followed the recipe pretty much exact except I halved it because I was only cooking for two and  I did not have any coconut oil left so I used EVO.   There was enough of the marinade left that I was able to use some and mix in with the veggie recipe below.

http://thiswestcoastmommy.com/indian-style-onion-and-garlic-chicken-recipe/

Pan Stewed Brussels Sprouts, Zucchini & Tomatoes



2 cups Brussels Sprouts (fresh or thawed from frozen)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 small zucchini, cubed
1 can diced tomatoes (796 ml or 28 oz)
2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice from 1 lime
1 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
salt & pepper to taste

  1. Heat olive oil in large skillet.  Add Brussels sprouts and saute until slightly charred. 
  2. Toss in cubed zucchini and cook about 2 minutes.  
  3. Add garlic and spices and saute a couple more minutes until you can smell the spice aroma.
  4. Pour in diced tomatoes and lime juice.  Reduce heat and simmer until liquid has reduced and thickened.


post signature

No comments :