Sunday, February 12, 2017

It's been a very busy, strenuous past couple of days. We have been working on remodeling our living room and de-cluttering our spare room/storage room.  I can only do little bits at a time because I become overwhelmed by fatigue and pain.  We did manage to get the living room done for now, until we have more money to complete and we are hoping to finish the spare room today.  



There is no basement or storage in our home so we've been using the second bedroom as our pantry/storage area.  It currently houses our second fridge and two small apartment size freezers.  It's also home  to all of our holiday decorations, small appliances that do not fit in the kitchen, tools, vacuum, mops, brooms etc.  So yeah it's a cluttered mess.   




I have been in and out of the room doing one or two boxes at a time for the past week.  We've put most of our decorations in banana boxes and stacked them to the ceiling.  Our canning is on one large shelf and the rest is stored in boxes beside the shelf.  Some of the larger appliances such as the ice maker and rotisserie have found a home on top of the fridge and the rest of the appliances are stacked in the small closet on shelves.  We just have to arrange all the empty canning jars and the tools.  I think I am going to do that today if I can manage to keep moving.  I know I'm going to pay for it for weeks to come but it has to be done.  My hubby helps with all the lifting and moving I just need to sort and organize but you have no idea how hard that is for me.  My level of concentration isn't that great because of the "fibro fog" I become confused and lose my train of though quite easily.  It takes everything I've got to focus on the task at hand.  If I do not stay focused I become overwhelmed by all the things that need to be done and then can't continue.  I have a mix of Fibromyalgia and Peripheral Neuropathy so it doesn't take much to make the pain level go from "I can manage" to "OMG I have to go lay down".  Which is why I do it slowly.  I will end up in a complete mass of throbbing pain, tingling numb feet, hands and knees, and the inability to function properly by the end of the day and most likely for the next week or so I won't be able to accomplish much but at least the task will be complete.



I just have to keep telling myself  "only a few more boxes".   




I'm happy that I've been able to accomplish what I have this past week.  I'm also extremely happy that I've finally been able to purchase my leather recliner sofa.  I've been wanting one for ages because it really helps take the pressure off my legs and allows me to actually sit through a movie without having to get up.  Money is extremely tight so it's been a long time coming.  Working on a loveseat now and then all the little add-ons to make it look pretty.  I will eventually get some pics up so you will be able to see the progress as we go.  It may take months before it's ever completed but as long as it progresses I'm good with that.  Having something to plan and focus on seems to help a little with the depression and the anxiety.  When I feel it starting to envelope me I try to focus on the plans I have, I'll look up products and styles and venture online to look at how others have done there's.  I look for simple DIY home decor and crafts that I might possibly be able to do "Pin" them all.  Hoping that if someday this pain is managed and the concentration becomes a little more managed, I just might be able to do some.


OK, well time to head off and get some breakfast so I can take my pills and then off to complete the organization of that "catch-all" room.

No comments :